NOW's Testimony before congress on Sept. 22, 2011 has many disturbing trends like:
1. 85% of families receiving aid are headed by single mother households. INCREDIBLE!
2. 85% of the custody awarded by our courts are a clear act of discrimination against fathers on the basis of sex. INCREDIBLE!
3. Drug testing of recipients has resulted in a reduction of the number of families receiving this assistance.Imagine that! INCREDIBLE!
4. Many mothers receiving assistance have another child while on assistance when they can't afford to support th child/children they have while on aid. NOW doesn't think it's right to not increase the money when another child is born. INCREDIBLE!
5. That the ability to support the child/children without public assistance is NOT EVEN CONSIDERED when determining custody thereby handing that responsibility to the taxpayer. INCREDIBLE!
And it goes on and on and on. You'll just have to read it for yourself.